Student Loan Debt
The broad burden of student loan debt.
Student loan debt impacts 44 million people in the United States and 41% report that they are delaying homeownership because they find it difficult to qualify for a mortgage due to the impact of these loans on their debt-to-income ratios.
Help is on the way for homebuyers with student loan debt.
We are excited to announce that Fannie Mae is making it easier for home buyers with student loan debt to purchase or refinance a home by implementing the following guideline changes:
- Changes to how debt-to-income ratios are calculated for borrowers with student loans
- Expanded guidelines that allow borrowers to pay off student loans without the typical rate increase that’s required for cash out transactions
- Exclusion of student loan payments from debt-to-income ratio calculations when a borrower can verify those payments are made by a family member with 12 month’s canceled checks
Now is a great time to connect with your clients who have been impacted by student loan debt to let them know Fannie Mae is making changes to help them!
Reach out to me today to learn more about how your buyers can benefit from these new guidelines when buying a home.
Home Buyer Tips
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- Mortgage Insurance
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Path 2 Buy
- Rent vs. Buy
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Student Loan Debt
- The Mortgage Process
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- HomeStyle Renovation
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- Jumbo Loans
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Delayed Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Duplex Financing Options
- FICO Scores
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
- No Lender Fees
- Union Advantage
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Refinance
- Family Opportunity Program
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan